Book a Skin Check
Please read before making your Skin Check Appointment
- When attending your Skin Check you will be required to wear a face mask and not be suffering from Covid-19 or experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms. Screening team members are required to wear a face mask. You will be required to remove your face mask when your face is being checked.
- The Skin Check Screenings are conducted by qualified volunteers from our screening panel which includes Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists, General Practitioners and Dermoscopers.
- The Skin Check Screening is a full body visual screen to identify suspect skin lesions. Patients will be asked to disrobe to their underwear. Clients are asked not to wear Makeup or Nail Polish.
- The Skin Check Service is a referral service. Screeners do not provide any diagnosis or prognosis.
- Where suspect lesions are found the patient receives a referral letter to their GP.
- The Lions Cancer Institute (WA) Inc. has been providing this Skin Check Service free to the WA Community since 1990.
- The Cancer institute is funded by the Lions Clubs of WA, Public Donations and Corporate sponsorship.
- All administration and screening conducted by The Lions Cancer Institute (WA) Inc. is performed by volunteers.
Skin damage can not be reversed: only further damage can be prevented.
They can be any colour, Red, White, Blue, Grey or a combination of colours and most start flat.
There is no age limit
The life time risk factors for 20-40 year old in Australia is 1 in 18.