Book a Skin Check
Please read before making your Skin Check Appointment
This service is provided, free of charge, to members of the public who are over 18 years of age.
Only people over the age of 18 can make a booking, either by phone, or by booking online.
- The Skin Check Screenings are conducted by qualified volunteers from our screening panel which includes Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists, General Practitioners and Dermoscopists.
- The Skin Check Screening is a full body visual screen to identify suspect skin lesions. Patients will be asked to disrobe to their underwear. Clients are asked not to wear Makeup or Nail Polish.
- The Skin Check Service is a referral service. Screeners do not provide any diagnosis or prognosis.
- Where suspect lesions are found the patient receives a referral letter to their GP.
- The Lions Cancer Institute (WA) Inc. has been providing this Skin Check Service free to the WA Community since 1990.
- The Cancer institute is funded by the Lions Clubs of WA, Public Donations and Corporate sponsorship.
- All administration and screening conducted by The Lions Cancer Institute (WA) Inc. is performed by volunteers.
Skin damage can not be reversed: only further damage can be prevented.
They can be any colour, Red, White, Blue, Grey or a combination of colours and most start flat.
There is no age limit
The life time risk factors for 20-40 year old in Australia is 1 in 18.